NYC Resources 311 Office of the Mayor
NYC Administration for Children's Services: The City's child welfare agency, dedicated to protecting children and strengthening families

Child Care & Head Start

Legally-Exempt/Informal Child Care Provider Enrollment

New York State regulations require all legally-exempt child care providers (also known as informal providers) who provide child care services for a child residing in New York City to be approved, enrolled, and monitored by the Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), New York City’s Legally-Exempt Enrollment Agency.  In order to provide subsidized child care services through ACS, informal providers AND parents/guardians of children being cared for by an informal providers must both complete and sign the child care enrollment forms listed below (one set of forms for each family) and submit them by mail or in person to one of the WHEDCo sites listed below. 

50 East 168th St
Bronx, NY  10452

Brooklyn/Staten Island
109 East 16th St, 2nd Fl.
New York, NY 10003

109 East 16th St, 3rd Fl.
New York, NY 10003

165-08 88th Ave, 2nd Fl.
Jamaica, NY  11432

Child Care Enrollment Forms for Legally-Exempt Child Care Providers:

Forms in English: (In Word Format)

Formularios en español: (In forma de Word)

Back to Child Care and Head Start main page