Overview & Application Videos FAQs Benefits Ads
The staring salary for a Child Protective Specialist Level I is $42,797. After 6 months, you are automatically promoted to Child Protective Specialist Level II, with a base salary increase of $46,479. Upon successful completion of 18 months in this position, the base salary increases to $49, 561. In addition to the salary increases, there are overtime earnings and a night differential for certain assignments.
Note: Salary estimates include longevity earnings
|After 6 months ||$46,479|
|After 18 months ||$49,561|
- Competitive Master in Social Work (MSW) scholarship.
- Employees are eligible for a yearly stipend to supplement the cost of academic and professional related educational services.
- The City of New York's Deferred Compensation Plan is a retirement savings plan which lets you save for the future with before-tax dollars through easy payroll deductions.
- Five year pension vesting
- 401K and flexible spending plans
- Annuity fund
- Choice of a wide variety of health plans
- Prescription dental and eye glass coverage
- Health Saving Accounts
Learn more about employee benefits at the NYC Office of Labor Relations Website
- 15 vacation days
- 11 paid holidays
- 10 available sick days
- Excellent promotional opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Transit Benefits
- Legal Services
Go Back to CPS Career Page