1. Parents' and Children's Rights Ombudsman
The Parents' and Children's Rights Ombudsman receives inquiries from parents, foster parents, children, other concerned parties and the general public regarding child welfare cases with ACS or partner agencies.
Common issues handled by this Unit include:
- Clarification of child welfare policies and procedures
- Ensuring families receive services needed towards reunification
- Visits (Cancellations, Logistics, etc.)
- Assistance with case planning follow up
- Questions or concerns about ACS or foster care cases
- Redirecting non-ACS issues to other appropriate resources
The Parents' and Children's Rights Ombudsman staff will hear the complaint and will help a client either directly or by contacting the appropriate ACS unit or agency to determine the best way to resolve the problem.
If you need assistance in resolving an issue with a child welfare case please call the ACS Parents' and Children's Rights helpline: 212-676-9421.
Collect call number for incarcerated parents: (212) 619-1309