A refund is automatically mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle, 30 business days later, if:
- You overpay your parking ticket, red light camera violation or bus lane camera violation
- The amount owed was reduced by a Hearing or Appeal after payment was made
- The same violation was paid more than once
- The violation was paid in error
- There are no outstanding judgment parking, red light camera, or bus lane camera violations
No request is required. However, if someone other than the registered owner wants the refund, they must submit a Parking and Camera Violations Refund Form.
Tow refunds are not generated automatically and require that you submit a completed refund form.
You can download a Parking and Camera Violations Refund Form to fill in and mail to the Department of Finance or complete a refund request online at the Finance website.