A candidate's supervisor must make the request to schedule an on-site Fire Safety Director test. Candidates cannot schedule their own tests.
To qualify for the Fire Safety Director on-site test, the candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of fire related experience
- Pass a 20-hour certified fire safety director course
- Take the Z-50 certificate of fitness written test
Once all information is verified and qualified by the Certificate of Fitness Unit, the candidate has 1 year to take the on-site test.
Before requesting an on-site test, the supervisor must:
- Ensure the candidate is qualified by the Certification Unit
- Have the candidate's full name and Social Security Number ready to include with the request; you cannot email this information separately
In the case of hardship, the supervisor can request an emergency overtime test Monday to Friday after 5:00 PM or on Saturday. You must agree to cover additional overtime expenses.