The City accepts reports of unusable bicycles chained to parking meters, streetlights, street signs, and City-owned bike racks.
The City defines bicycles with three or more of the following characteristics as unusable:
- The bike appears to be crushed or not usable.
- The bike is missing its handlebar, pedal or pedals, rear wheel or chain.
- The bike's tires are flat or its wheels' spokes and rims are bent.
- The handlebars or pedals are damaged.
- The bike frame is bent.
- Seventy-five percent or more the bike is rusted, along with the chain attaching it to public property.
The City also accepts reports of any bicycle chained to and harming a City tree.
Call 311 to report an unusable bicycle chained to City property.